The Royal Norfolk Show gives exhibitors the chance to showcase their finest livestock at the largest two-day Agricultural Show in the Country. The Show offers over 600 classes, 196 special classes and 258 championship classes for Cattle, Sheep, Pigs and Goats.
Poultry, including waterfowl and turkeys, rabbits, cavies and eggs, will be among those featuring in the ever-popular small livestock marquee, which will again have a Championship Row. Visitors can find out more about their favourite pets.
Please click here to view a list of Judges for the Royal Norfolk Show 2017.
Change of judge: Mrs Izzie Laird (Peebleshire) replaced by Mr Arwyn Wilson (Dyfed, Wales) for the Jersey Dairy Cattle, AO Dairy Breed Young Handler and Calf classes.
New for 2017
We are pleased to announce that the Royal Norfolk Show will be hosting the Red Poll Cattle Society National Show 2017. We are looking forward to welcoming Red Poll breeders from across the UK to the Norfolk Showground in June to compete in additional breed classes throughout Wednesday morning and Red Poll young handlers classes in the afternoon.
The Queen’s Prize Perpetual Challenge Trophy presented on behalf of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will this year be awarded to the Best Animal in the Beef Cattle Section, including Commercial Beef, owner bred, by an exhibitor whose premises are within the county of Norfolk.
Belted Galloway Beef Cattle Classes
- British Limousin – The classes will form part of the East Midlands Limousin Breeders’ Club competition.
- Highland Cattle – Winning exhibitors can gain points for the Highland Cattle Society Annual Show Fold of the Year competition.
- Hereford – This Show is a qualifier for the UK Hereford of the Year competition.
- South Devon – Points will be awarded by the breed society towards the Coronation Trophy, Bull, Female and Junior Bull of the Year.
- Young Handlers – This Show is qualifier for the East of England Young Stock Person of the Year, with the finals taking place at the East of England Showground on 15 November 2017.
- Berkshire – This Show is a qualifier for the Berkshire Pig Breeders Club Champion of Champions 2017.
- British Lop – The classes are qualifiers for the British Lop Pig Society Lop of the Year competition.
- British Saddleback – The highest placed Saddleback pig born in 2017 of either sex will be eligible to enter for the Final of the Junior Saddleback Championship at Malvern Autumn Show 23 -24 September 2017.
- Oxford Sand & Black – The classes are qualifiers for the OSBPS Champion of Champions 2017.
- We will be hosting the BPA Pig of the Year Heat and a BPA Young Pig of the Year Heat.
- Shetland – Winning exhibitors can gain points for the Shetland Sheep Society Annual Flock competition.
- Young Handlers – This Show is qualifier for the East of England Young Stock Person of the Year, with the finals taking place at the East of England Showground on 15 November 2017. The yong handler classes are also qualifiers for the RBST Young Shepherd of the Year competition.
For further information please contact:
Holly Whitaker – Livestock Co-ordinator
T: 01603 731965