Best Dressed and Headline Hat sponsored by intu Chapelfield
intu Chapelfield has once again teamed up with organisers of the Royal Norfolk Show (RNS) in search of this year’s best dressed show-goers. On both days of the Show (Wednesday 28 and Thursday 29 June 2017) Stewards and Style Spotters will be on the look-out for the most striking outfits and sensational hats at Norfolk’s social event of the summer. There’s a tempting prize fund of more than £1,200 from intu Chapelfield up for grabs.
Where is the judging?
The style team from intu Chapelfield will be out and about on both Show days, looking for Best Dressed and Headline Hat contenders. But don’t worry if your outstanding outfit or fabulous fascinator isn’t spotted, the showground is vast, so all potential winners are invited to come along to the judging area in front of the RNAA offices at 3pm on either day of the Show, for a photocall, glass of fizz and the opportunity to pick up some great prizes.
Who is judging?
A suitably stylish line-up of judges has been confirmed for this year’s competition. On Wednesday 28 June, Norwich Resident and Royal Coast Resident Editor, Emma Lee, will be joined on the judging panel by 2016 Great British Bake Off contestant and RNS14 Best Dressed winner, Kate Barmby. On Thursday 29 June, it’s the turn off BBC Radio Norfolk’s Chrissie Jackson, and Rachel Buller from EDP Norfolk Magazine to single out the winning outfits and hats.
What could I win?
Two winners will be named Best Dressed each day, taking home a £250 intu gift card. One Headline Hat winner will be announced each day too, and presented with a £100 intu gift card. Each of the four Best Dressed winners will also receive a one-to-one styling session with House of Fraser’s Personal Shopper.
How about some style tips?
We asked House of Fraser’s personal shopper and stylist Claire Woods for her top tips for the 2016 Royal Norfolk Show:
- Silver is a hot trend for accessories this summer.Create a bit of sparkle with a silver tote bag; practical too for carrying all your Royal Norfolk Show beauty essentials.
- Shoes are having a glitzy moment too. Particularly metallic loafers. Courts or towering heels can be a little uncomfortable for all-day events, so a pair of block-heeled loafers are ideal.
- Rose, dusky or fuschia – whatever the shade you cannot go wrong with pink. Use it as a base neutral or make a strong bold statement with your accessories. Pink perfectly combines with crisp whites or dove greys for a beautiful summer look.
- Bare shoulders continue to be a key shape for the season. Great for balmy summer days, opt for a tailored material or classic Breton stripe to immediately update your outfit.
- Hats, of course, are a must for the Royal Norfolk Show. A wide brimmed hat, taking influence from the seventies trend, will not only make a style statement, but will keep you cool too.