Come and see the work of the Norfolk Wildlife Trust, RSPB and other countryside related organisations. Look out for the programme of ring activities which will include the highly popular pig racing, Flyball, Dog and Duck show, Dog Agility show and large-bird displays with the Raptor Trust. Elsewhere in the countryside experience try your hand at archery, fly fishing and Segway. Come and see the best Farriers and Blacksmiths in action. Watch fascinating demonstrations of spoon making, coracle making, corn dollies, longbows, chairs, pole lathe turning, apple pressing and cider making.
Archery and Segway activities are open 1000-1600 Wednesday and Thursday.
Mid-Norfolk Gundog Club Feature
The Mid-Norfolk Gundog Club was formed twenty five years ago by a group of friends determined to improve the training, husbandry and breeding of working gundogs, as well as the expertise of handlers. The Club has been registered with the Kennel Club since 1990 as a General Canine Society and is authorised to hold Gundog Working Tests (GWT) and Field Trials (FT). The club will be conducting demonstrations in the Countryside Ring at the royal Norfolk Show.
Working with the Broads Authority, the Village will reflect the importance of the Broads to the industries, culture and landscape in Norfolk. As Britain’s largest protected wetland, it is a unique destination with many organisations involved in its promotion and protection. The Village, centred on a landscaped lake, also aims to promote what the Broads has to offer everyone, not only tourists but boaters, families, landowners and school children.
The central Broads village activity is the ‘breathing space’ tepee. The title references a Ted Ellis quote who called the Broads a “breathing space for the cure of souls” and now used as the tagline for National Parks UK. This will be a place for people to sit down and immerse themselves in the relaxing sights and sounds of the Broads National Park.
Come and learn more about the following organisations at the Village.
Broads Authority, Broads Society, Hemsby Lifeboat, Herbert Woods, Love The Broads, Martham Boat Builders, Museum of The Broads, Nancy Oldfield Trust, Natural England, Norfolk & Suffolk Flyfishers Society, Norfolk Heritage Fleet Trust, Norfolk Wherry Trust, South Yare Wildlife Group, The Canoe Man, Waveney Stardust Trust Ltd, Wherry Yacht Charter, Wind Energy Museum & Thurne Mill and the Woodland Trust.
Watch our show story video on Wherry Yacht Charter
Forestry and Wood Village
New for 2017 this area will be a showcase for those who work in the forestry and wood sectors and will include arboriculturists, saw milling and equipment demonstrations.
Norfolk’s rich and varied tourism scene is neatly brought together at the Show’s own Tourism Village. Among those exhibiting are: Africa Alive, Banham zoo, Beacon Bingo, Best Promotions, Bressingham Steam Museum, Bus & Us, Capricorn Campers, Delgate Marketing, Dinosaur Adventure Park, Dunston Hall Hotel , Fairhaven Water Gardens, Fred Olsen Travel, Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach, Great Yarmouth Sealife Centre, High Altitude Trampolines, Holkham Hall, Holiday Inn (Norwich North), High Lodge Leisure Ltd, Oasis Camel Park – (bringing 3 camels life size on stand), Pensthorpe Nature Reserve, Richardsons Holidays – ( jugglers entertainers etc), The Bittern Line, Thrigby Hall, Cromer Town Council , (Cromer Pier, Amazon Zoo, RNLI, ) These will all be represented on the Cromer Town Council stand ) and Visit Norwich.
There will be lots of give-a-ways, competitions, flags, stickers etc, there will activity areas, face painting, colouring station and photo opportunities.
Putting competition + entertainment including singing, music, magic, will all be on the stand.
Characters – Dippy Dinosaur, Sammy Seal, Dunston Bear, Leo the Lion and friends will all be there over the two days as well as a life size noisy Dinosaur !
Promotion of health and fitness. On-site cycling event to see how many miles can be cycled during the two-days of the Show. Perhaps set a record to be broken next year?
Visit our Crafts Village and find an inspiring collection of local artisan and craft products.
- Beach Hut Charm – Handmade silver and gold jewellery personalised with your loved ones’ fingerprint, hand/foot or pawpint, drawings, baby scans, cameos or to mark a special occasion.
- By Christiane Millinery – Stunning collection of hats and fascinators ready to buy and wear at any special event. Handmade in Acle, Norfolk.
- Jane Pennington Distinctive Jewellery – Jewellery handmade by Jane with beautiful beads (stones, glass and pearls) in gorgeous colours and unique designs.
- Laloa Ltd – Classic country with a contemporary twist – original art pieces, giclee prints, textiles and home-ware products.
- Massagicallly – Handmade skincare made from elderflowers and locally sourced cold-pressed rapeseed oil.
- Norfolk Art Glass
- Penny Lindop Designs – Fun, quirky artwork by Penny Lindop on cards, prints and gifts. A bespoke design service is offered. Designs that make you smile.
- Pet Portraits by Roger Burnay – Hand-painted, original portraits of your pet in pastels, coloured pencil, acrylics or oils from client photographs. 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
- Photography for Little People by Julia
- Suffolk Bears and Gifts – Suffolk bears and retro bags, low lamps and gifts.
- Sweet Clementine – Beautifully designed and hand-crafted greetings cards, stationery, framed prints and art crafts. All of the cards, stationery and illustrations are designed and printed at our studio in Norfolk.
- The Norfolk Lighting Company – Our showcase store at Taverham Garden Centre features a stunning display of lamps, lights and shades from local and international designers. We are a family-run business built on 21 years of electrical experience across the UK.
- The Old Norse – Beard care products – handmade and 100% natural beard oils & balms and a custom designed clothing range.
- Stephen Ward – Unique, hand sculpted glass figurines in solid, clear and coloured glass.
- Woods World Wide By Williams – Handmade, wooden, food-safe chopping & serving boards and gift items made from Norfolk timber.
- Dizzy Dizzigns
- Jane Austin
Norfolk Federation of WI
The theme for the Norfolk Federation of WI’s marquee this year is “Celebrating the Countryside” . We have organised 2 competitions for our members which are “From Farm to Fork” – scarecrows dressed as either a farmer or a chef/cook.
“Norfolk Framed”- a piece of “art” within a frame depicting food farming and the countryside.
We ask members of the public visiting our marquee to vote for the one they like best so would really appreciate any publicity to encourage visitors.
We also have information about the WI in Norfolk and Nationally especially our campaigns which involve issues relating to farming, the countryside and rural communities.
Central Norfolk Scouts
Promotion of health and fitness. On-site cycling event to see how many miles can be cycled during the two-days of the Show. Who’s up for the challenge?