The Royal Norfolk Show, is one of very few Shows hosting competitions for ALL FOUR main breeds of Heavy Horse – Shire, Suffolk, Percheron and Clydesdale.
- Shires – Including Best Foot & Young Handler – SHIRE HORSE OF THE YEAR SHOW QUALIFIER
- Suffolks – Including Best Foot – SUFFOLK SUPREME HORSE CHAMPIONSHIP
- Percherons – Including Best Foot
- Clydesdale – Including Best Foot
- Suffolk/Percheron/Clydesdale Young Handler –ROYAL HIGHLAND SHOW qualifier for Clydesdale
- Novice Handler
- Ridden Heavy Horse Class for any Pure Bred Heavy Horse – HOYS QUALIFIER & EQUIFEST – Both classes in the lovely big WENSUM RING !
- Suffolk & Percheron Stallions
- Heavy Horses in Harness – Classes split into Working (Neatest & Cleanest) and Show (Decorated) – All classes for all breeds on Wednesday only
- Heavy Horse Turnouts – Team, Pairs and Singles
- Two Wheeled Cart Class for Single Turnout
- Implement Class for any Pure Bred Heavy Horse
- Best Foot Classes NOTE: Please enter pre-show (NO charge)
- Young Handler Classes NOTE: Please enter pre-show (NO charge)
- SHIRE Horse of the Year HOYS Championship
- SUFFOLK – SUFFOLK SUPREME Horse Championship
- RIDDEN Heavy Horse – HOYS & EQUIFEST Kilmannan Championship
- RNAA Ridden Supreme Championship (All four breeds)
- CLYDESDALE YOUNG HANDLER – ROYAL HIGHLAND SHOW qualifier
PLEASE NOTE – All exhibitors who attended the previous year’s Show will automatically receive a copy of the latest Prize Schedule and Entry Forms electronically by EMAIL. This is a decision by the RNAA to move towards a more environmentally sustainable position. Should a hard copy version be required please send an A5 size SAE (Stamped Addressed Envelope) to the value of £1.05 to the Equine Co-ordinator at The Royal Norfolk Agricultural Association, Norfolk Showground, Dereham Road, Norwich, Norfolk, NR5 0TT. To ensure that you receive the correct entry forms, please indicate on the envelope the section(s) in which you are interested. A copy of the Prize Schedule will also be available to download from our website.
ONLINE ENTRIES – Use the online entry system available on this website (available from March). It is very quick and easy to use. It will save you time and the cost of a stamp and if you have exhibited at The Royal Norfolk Show before (under your name) it should remember your details from a previous year, so less to type in!
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR FOR ANY QUERIES?
For all Equine matters please contact:
Maria Skitmore, Equine Co-ordinator
T: 01603 731 963