The Royal Norfolk Show gives exhibitors the chance to showcase their finest livestock at the largest two-day Agricultural Show in the Country. The Show offers over 600 classes, 196 special classes and 258 championship classes for Cattle, Sheep, Pigs and Goats.
Poultry, including waterfowl and turkeys, rabbits, cavies and eggs, will be among those featuring in the ever-popular small livestock marquee, which will again have a Championship Row. Visitors can find out more about their favourite pets.
PLEASE NOTE: PRIZE MONEY is paid by cheque – normally about 4-5 weeks after the Show.
Please Click Here to view a list of Judges for the Royal Norfolk Show 2019.
Change of Judges: Mr Mick Gould (Shropshire) replaced by Mr Max Davies (Somerset) for the Dairy Interbreed Championships.
NEW FOR 2019
We are pleased to announce that the Royal Norfolk Show will be hosting the British Simmental Cattle Society National Show 2019. We are looking forward to welcoming Simmental breeders from across the UK to the Norfolk Showground in June to compete in additional breed classes on Wednesday.
Wool Fleeces Competition – The Royal Norfolk Show is a qualifier for The British Wool National Golden Fleece Competition.
Please note there is a wording change to the Prize Schedule for this competition. Page 94 Condition I now reads. All exhibitors must have entered and shown sheep in the breed classes here at the Show.
- British Limousin – The classes will form part of the East Midlands Limousin Breeders’ Club competition.
- Highland Cattle – Winning exhibitors can gain points for the Highland Cattle Society Annual Show Fold of the Year competition.
- Hereford – This Show is a qualifier for the UK Hereford of the Year competition.
- South Devon – Points will be awarded by the breed society towards the Coronation Trophy, Bull, Female and Junior Bull of the Year.
- Young Handlers – This Show is qualifier for the East of England Young Stock Person of the Year.
- Berkshire – This Show is a qualifier for the Berkshire Pig Breeders Club Champion of Champions 2019.
- British Lop – The classes are qualifiers for the British Lop Pig Society Lop of the Year competition.
- British Saddleback – The highest placed Saddleback pig born in 2018 of either sex will be eligible to enter for the Final of the Junior Saddleback Championship.
- Oxford Sandy & Black – The classes are qualifiers for the OSBPS Champion of Champions 2019.
- We will be hosting the BPA Pig of the Year Heat and a BPA Young Pig of the Year Heat.
- Shetland – Winning exhibitors can gain points for the Shetland Sheep Society Annual Flock competition.
- Young Handlers – This Show is qualifier for the East of England Young Stock Person of the Year, with the finals taking place at the East of England Showground. The young handler classes are also qualifiers for the RBST Young Shepherd of the Year competition.
For further information please contact:
Holly Whitaker – Livestock Co-ordinator
T: 01603 731965